Southern Georgian Bay Real Estate Market April 2016
Residential sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® came in above year-ago levels in April 2016. Home sales numbered 372 units in April 2016, rising 34.8 % from a year earlier.
The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® comprises two distinctive markets. Home sales in the Western Region which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands numbered 243, an increase of 32.1% on a year-over-year basis.
Again, residential listings were down – 343 new listings for the month of April, down -11.1% and total number of listings in the system – 609, down by -32.6%.
The MLS ® Statistical Report shows all real estate types for the Western Region. All real estate sales totalled 286 units, an increase of 35% in April, and 21% year-to-date, while listings for the month of April totalled 427, down by -12%, and year-to-date -9%.
Total sales dollar volume for the month of April was $99,831,289, up a staggering 40% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 27% year-to-date.
Sales were up in all price categories, with 1 41.7% increase in the $1.0 million + and 39.4% increase in the price range $500K to $799,999.
All markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 32 units sold – an increase of 146% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 12.2% to $401,762
- Collingwood: 35 units sold – an increase of 45% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.8% to $388,293
- Municipality of Meaford: 16 units sold – an increase of 23% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 3.5% to $310,711
- The Blue Mountains: 17 units sold -an increase of 6.25% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 11.2% to $637,485
- Wasaga Beach: 70 units sold – an increase of 15% over April 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.2% to $318,611