Georgian Triangle Market Update April 2018
April 2018 Highlights
- Home sales numbered 296 units in April 2018, down -34.1% from a record-smashing month of April in 2017.
- New residential listings in April 2018 was 437 units, down -29.4% from a year earlier.
- Year-to-date home sales numbered 836 units, down -32% from this time last year.
- Home Sales in the *Western Region numbered 190 units, down -25.8% from April 2017.
- Year-to-date home sales in the Western Region numbered 551 units, down -26.3% from this time last year.
- Average price of homes sold in the Western Region was $464,041 in April 2018, a decrease of -6.4% year-over-year.
- The year-to-date average price in the Western Region was $471,153, down -1.1% from this time last year.
While sales activity is trending at lower levels, a big part of the large year-over-year decline reflects how strong the market was last year, particularly in April.
* The Western District includes Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and portions of the Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands
How Does Southern Georgian Bay Compare to National Real Estate Stats?
April 2018 National Highlights:
- National home sales through the Canadian MLS® systems declined -2.9% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down -13.9% fromApril 2017 and hit a seven year low for the month.
- The number of newly listed homes declined -4.8% from February to March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in April was up 1.5% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The national average sale price was $495,000 down -11% y-o-y in April.