Collingwood – Blue Mountain Real Estate Market SEPTEMBER 2016
The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® is comprised of two distinctive markets.
Home sales in the Western Region, which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands edged down – 2.4 % on a year-over-year basis to 203 units in September 2016.
Year-to-date sales in the Western Region were up 17.3 % from 2015.
While sales were down slightly heading into the last three months of the year, likely because there are not enough listings to satisfy demand, activity will set new annual records in 2016. Overall supply remains at the lowest levels in more than a decade.
- September 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 243, a decrease of – 2% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of September was $94,340,667, up 18% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 32% year-to-date.
Residential Real Estate Western Region
- Residential Sales numbered 203, a – 2.4% decrease over the same period in 2015.
- Residential listings – 233 new listings for the month of September, down – 25.1%, and total number of listings in the system – 454, down by – 48.4%.
Collingwood & The Blue Mountains Area – Local Market Stats
- Clearview: 10 units sold – a decrease of – 41.2%2 over 17 units sold inSeptember 2015. The 12 month average price increased 28.1% to $469,628. Year to date sales volume (number of units sold) is up 28.2%.
- Collingwood: 32 units sold – a decrease of – 11.2% over 36 units sold inSeptember 2015. The 12 month average price increased 16% to $423,538. Year to date sales volume is up 10.8%
- The Blue Mountains: 16 units sold – a decrease of – 38.5% over 16 units sold inSeptember 2015. The 12 month average price increased 1.6% to $616,990. Year to date sales volume is down -1.85%.
- Municipality of Meaford: 17 units sold – an increase of 136.4% over 10 units soldSeptember 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.6% to $341,756. Year to date sales volume is up 13.9%.
- Wasaga Beach: 58 units sold – a decrease of – 6.4% of 62 units sold over September 2015. The 12 month average price increased 10.1% to $339,985. Year to date sales volume is up 23.25%