Collingwood – Blue Mountain Real Estate Market MAY 2016
This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Western Region – All Real Estate
- May 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 314, an increase of 31% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of May was $114,159,859,up 45% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 32% year-to-date.
Western Region Residential Real Estate
- Residential Sales numbered 270, a 33% increase over the same period in 2015.
- Residential listings – 410 new listings for the month ofMay, down -8.1% and total number of listings in the system – 623, down by -38.7%.
These markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 19 units sold – an increase of 18.75% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 16.2% to $419,327
- Collingwood: 44 units sold – an increase of 19% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 14% to $396,757
- The Blue Mountains: 19 units sold -an increase of 18.75% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 2.2% to $621,332
- Wasaga Beach: 81 units sold – an increase of 28.5% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 9.6% to $324,194
This market was down from the same period in 2015
- Municipality of Meaford: 16 units sold – a decrease of -16% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 3.5% to $310,711