Collingwood – Blue Mountain Real Estate Market JULY 2016
This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
While the number of sales were down slightly in our local area, the western region market overall continued to show an increase over the same period last year.
All Real Estate – Western Region
- July 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 266, an increase of 6% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of July was $99,372,400,up 15% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 28% year-to-date.
Residential Real Estate Western Region
- Residential Sales numbered 229, a 3.6% increase over the same period in 2015.
- Residential listings – 247 new listings for the month of July, down -17.4%, and total number of listings in the system – 592, down by -39%.
These local markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Wasaga Beach: 60 units sold – an increase of 1.7% over July 2015. The 12 month average price increased 8.1% to $327,803. Year to date sales volume is up 26.7%
These local markets were down from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 14 units sold – a decrease of -12.5% over July 2015. The 12 month average price increased 26.1% to $444,447. Year to date sales volume (number of units sold) is up 51.7%.
- Collingwood: 37 units sold –a decrease of -5% overJuly 2015. The 12 month average price increased 11.5% to $408,904. Year to date sales volume is up 10%
- The Blue Mountains: 21 units sold –a decrease of 8.7% over July 2015. The 12 month average price increased 3.1% to $619,169. Year to date sales volume is down -2.6%.
- Municipality of Meaford: 21 units sold –a decrease of 8.7% over July 2015. The 12 month average price decreased 1.85% to $307,667. Year to date sales volume is down -6.4%.