Collingwood – Blue Mountain Real Estate Market February 2016
This report covers The Western Region of Southern Georgian Bay Association of Realtors including Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Municipality of Meaford, Essa, Mulmur, Springwater and Grey Highlands.
Early Spring Market?
The residential single family home market continued consistent months of record breaking numbers with 39.5 % increase in total units sold, over February 2015, in spite of low inventory. The numbers below do not include condo sales.
- 159 single family homes sold in February, an increase of 39.5% over February 2015
- new listings down 5.5% and overall listings on the system down 32.1%
Single Family Residential Sales by Area February 2016 / 2015
Clearview, followed by Wasaga Beach and Collingwood saw an increase in number of homes sold while The Blue Mountains and Meaford had fewer unit sales.
- 19 homes sold – an increase of 137.5%
- 12 month average price down -0.7%
- 41 homes sold – an increase of 13.9%
- 12 month average price up 4.8%
The Blue Mountains
- 20 homes sold, a decrease of -28.6%
- 12 month average price up 14.3
The Municipality of Meaford
- 5 homes sold, a decrease of -64.3%
- 12 month average price up 8%
- 68 homes sold – an increase of 70%
- 12 month average price up 9.3%
All Property Types in the Western Region
- total listings down 15.1% over February 2015
- 288 total units sold – an increase of 25.8%
- sales dollar volume up 30.2%
- sales in the $800,000 to $1,000,000 were up 133%
The price category leading the way with the most sales in the Western Region is $200,000 to $349,000 with a total of 128 (YTD) that represents an increase of 42.2 per cent over 2015.