Wasaga Beach Casino
Wasaga Beach Casino:
The construction on the 10,000 square metre complex from Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd., has broke ground, in hope for a full completion in the third quarter of 2021.
Set on a 7.5-acre lot in the township’s west end, at 88 Lyons Court, just south of Beachwood Road and Mosley Street’s roundabout.
Features set to include:
10 table games
Two full restaurants
[Full plans and specifics will be shared with the public later this year (2020)].
Brief Highlights of the preferences are as follows:
- Development of a hotel/conference/entertainment complex as part of the gaming facility within a reasonable time frame.
2. The private operator is required to work closely with the Town regarding all matters pertaining to municipal processes, by-laws and regulations.
3. The OLG and private operator shall engage with the Town’s local health provider network, specifically Collingwood General & Marine Hospital and the Waypoint Centre for Mental Health care, and use best efforts to establish agreements with these organizations to address potential customer health issues that may arise.
4. The successful private operator is to use their best efforts to hire local contractors and trades to construct the new gaming facility.
5. The successful private operator is to use their best efforts to hire local residents to staff the new gaming facility.
To stay up to date on the progress and new information click on the provided link to the Wasaga Beach Municipal page -> https://www.wasagabeach.com/town-hall/municipal-initiatives-projects/olg-gaming-facility